Sunila and Aditi here, with a tutorial for you. Today we’ll be making a mixed media layout.
Step 1: Pick your background paper and prep it with clear gesso.
Step 2: Using Mama makes Mandala Stamps and Blue and Brown Ink, stamp on the background paper. There is no set pattern, it is random, however keep in mind where your focal image would be.
Step 3: Add more interest, by stamping with black ink and background stamps.
Step 4: Use a stencil and apply modelling paste, again randomly but around the focal image.
Step 5: Before drying the modelling paste, randomly sprinkle embossing powders and heat set it.
Step 6: Time to play with colours. Using a paintbrush randomly add colours mostly around the modelling paste.
Step 7: Use the mandala stamps, and heat emboss them on vellum. Fussy cut them for layering.
Step 8: Choose your photo and trim two pattern papers for layering
Step 9: Play with elements- stamped images, stickers, die-cuts, flowers, string, badge, sequence and arrange them until happy. Glue them all down.
Here’s a look at the final layout.
- Mama Makes- Mandala Mania Stamp Set
- Simple Stories- Winter Wonderland Paper Collection
- Finnabair Stamp- Cheese
- Ranger Pigment Ink- Black Tie, Blue Ribbon, Java Bean
- Prima Stencil- Tile
- Lindy’s Embossing Powder- Bratwurst Brown, Guten Tag Teal, Bavarian Blue, Magic Moon Pearls
- Lindy’s Sprays- Mission Bells Brown, Tibetan Poppy Teal, Dark Chocolate Truffle, Sandra Dee Sepia
- Dina Wakley Clear Gesso
- Mont Marte Modelling Paste
- Cuts 2 Luv Badge
- Vellum Sheets
- Versa Mark
- Flowers, string
Hope you’ve enjoyed this tutorial and are ready to make your own layout. We have made a video tutorial too right here, https://youtu.be/wcEP87hwhfI