Hi it’s Alison and today I’m sharing how to make a Halloween card with Mama x Bella – Monster Mashup stamp set. I adore all the cute little characters in this set.
1. Cut a piece of orange card into a 6 inch square. Tape the card and Bee Crafty’s bat inkable stencil to your work surface.
2. Mix some Ranger transparent gloss texture paste with hickory smoke distress oxide reinker. Using a spatula spread this evenly through the stencil. Remove the stencil and wash immediately in warm soapy water. Leave the background piece to dry.
3. Cut a piece of white card to 4.5 inches square and using twisted citron, seedless preserve, spiced pumpkin and black soot distress oxides create a background. Spray this lightly with water and pat dry with kitchen roll.
4. Using a Halloween themed embossing folder, emboss this background piece. Sand it back lightly with a sanding block. This makes the embossed images stand out more.
5. Stick black spiders web washi tape around the edges of both background pieces.
6. Stick the bat background to a 7 inch square card with glue or tape. Then stick the other background piece to this with foam pads.
7. Choose your characters from the stamp set and stamp them with smoky grey versafine ink onto a piece of white card. Colour in to match your colour scheme. I used my Zig brush markers with a waterbrush. Cut them out and stick to your background with foam pads.
8. Stamp your chosen sentiments, cut them out and stick to the card with foam pads