Hi! I’m Pam and I’m brand new to the design team as of June!
Heres a gift card holder tutorial that was really popular on social media so I thought I’d share it with you.
Materials used for base card:-
A4 White Card 220gsm
Red Liner tape
1. Cut white card to measure 11” x 4.5”.
2. Score on 11” side at 4.5”, 5.5” & 6.5”.
3. Fold on score lines to create a ‘tent’….valley, mountain, valley fold……burnish well.
4. Attach thin red liner tape to edge of score line……the thinner the tape the better as this allows more depth to push the gift card in.
5. Remove backing off tape and stick the fold together.
6. Turn card over so that the fold is on the inside.
7. Using a shaped die of your choice place on the middle folded section and cut……pass through a couple of times as this is double thickness card……this creates the pocket for the gift card to sit in.
I used the following to decorate:
Purple Card 160gsm
Magical Christmas 8×8 paper pad
Stamps from the Magical Christmas collection, including sentiments & wreath
Versa fine ink Pads
Fine paint brush
1. Cut 4 pieces of purple card measuring 4.25”square and glue to each square panel of white card.
2. Cut 3 pieces of patterned paper measuring 4” square & one piece of white card also measuring 4”square. I used a stub corner punch on my white card just to add a little interest. Mount these panels on top of the purple mats and stamp the white card with sentiments as shown.
3. Cut a strip of white card measuring 10” x 1.25” to create the base of a belly band to keep the card closed.
4. Cut a piece of patterned paper measuring 8”x1.25”……stick this to the middle section of the white card to cover….it doesn’t matter that this is only 8” long as the centre part is covered by the topper
5. Fold around the card and stick ends together to form band……do not make this too tight as you have to be able to slide this on and off the card.
6. Create the topper by stamping the wreath stamp onto white card and cutting out with a circle Die. Cut a circle of purple card slightly larger than the wreath circle so that a border of colour can be seen when the stamped image is added to it.
7. Colour the stamped wreath image with coordinating inks and stamp a sentiment in the middle.
8. Attach topper to the centre of the belly band covering the plain area of card left when you joined the ends together. The topper can be added directly to the card front if you do not wish to use a belly band closure.
9. To complete I made an envelope using a WeR memory keepers punch board and decorated it using the Merry Christmas stamp.