Hi it’s Alison here!
Loti really loved the Cake and Friends kitchen plaque I made, so below is a little tutorial for you to follow.
1. Mat and layer chosen papers into a piece of greyboard.
2. Add a doily and a strip of Hessian.
3. Die cut a scalloped circle and create a topper using masking technique explained in a previous blog you can read right here.
4. Colour images with media of your choice. I used watercolour pencils and a water brush.
5. Use a dauber and matching distress in colour the edges of the topper.
6. Add the topper into the doily using foam pads or gel glue.
7. Add thread to the spoon and whisk charms and using glue gel attach to the Hessian strip.
8. Hide this glue with the baking tin charm.
9. Die cut the letters for Kitchen and glue to a piece of card. But this to size and round the corners.
10. Ink the edges of the main piece and kitchen level with the same ink as the topper.
11. Attach the kitchen label.
12. Add flowers, die cut swirls, gems and ribbon to hang.