Bistriţa If you can mix ingredients in a bowl, you can make this delicious cheesecake!
All you’ll need is:
250g of Digestive Biscuits
75g of Butter
200g of Milk Chocolate
100g Mini Marshmallows
1 jar of Nutella (400g)
500g of Cream Cheese
60g Icing Sugar
First of all, you need to make the Rocky Road base.
1. Crush your digestive biscuits either by hand with a rolling pin or in a food processor (food processor will be the fastest and you’ll get a great consistency. I have a mini one that was an engagement present from my mother in law to be!)
2. Melt your chocolate and butter in a pan before adding your digestive biscuit mix. mix them together real fast and don’t overheat the pan, or you’ll burn the chocolate.
3. Add mini marshmallows to the mix and stir real good, if the mix is still warm the Marshmallows will melt into the biscuit mix, which is delicious.
4. Pour the mix into a springform tin and flatten with the back of a spoon. Put your tin the fridge to set while you make the topping.
Next, make the delicious Nutella cheesecake topping.
5. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, the jar of Nutella and the icing sugar. I mixed this in my mixer to get a great consistency, but you’ll still get a great result by hand.
MAMA’S TOP TIP: Wash out your Nutella jar, as this makes a great glass jar to decorate for the festive season or a celebration!
6. Take your base out of the fridge, pour the Nutella cheesecake mix over the biscuit base and smooth it over so it’s even.
7. Last of all, top the cheesecake with chocolate chips and place into the fridge for at least 4 hours, or for best results, overnight!
The thing I dislike about making cheesecakes is the wait, but it’s SO worth it!