1. Cut a piece of white card to 7 inches square and spray generously with water. Using a wet paintbrush and candied apple distress oxide reinker create a background. Allow the ink to spread naturally on the wet card. Leave to dry. Add a few sprinkles of Tonic Nuvo solar flare shimmer powder and spray lightly with water. This will activate the shimmer powder and also bleach some areas of the distress oxide. Leave overnight to dry.
2. Wipe an antistatic bag over the background. Choose the funky border stamps you wish to use and stamp using versamark ink, add white embossing powder and heat. Repeat below the previous ones, so they cover the whole depth of the card. Don’t worry if they don’t join accurately as this area will be covered by the topper.
3. Using Mama Makes mixed media small script stamp and no acrylic block with red ink add small areas of script to the background.
4. On a separate piece of card stamp the robin and the two sentiments. Colour the image with prismacolour pencils, blending stubs and blending fluid. ( Colours are listed in the supply list.) Fussy cut out the robin and trim the sentiments and edge with red ink.
5. Adhere a piece of 7.5 inch black card to an 8 inch square card blank, then add the background piece. Glue the robin over the join in the funky borders stamps using glue gel. Add the sentiments also with glue gel. Add some flat back white pearls to add interest.
Mama Makes funky borders stamp set
Mama Makes family sentiments stamp set
Mama Makes and Copolop Christmas companion stamp set
Mama Makes mixed media small script stamp
8×8 card blank
Distress oxide reinker – candied apple
Tonic Nuvo shimmer powder – solar flare
Wow embossing powder – opaque bright white
Versamark ink pad
Versafine – onyx black
Distress oxide ink pad – candied apple
Flatback white pearls
Prismacolour pencils – PC948 Sepia,
PC937 Tuscan red, PC930 Magenta, PC921 Pale vermilion, PC945 Sienna brown, PC941 Light umber, PC924 Crimson red, PC1084 Ginger root